Specks 6/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specks 6/15

Saturday, fished near Deal Island in Southern MD and had a pretty good day with specks. Caught 5 from 17-21 inches and one at 25inches. Lots of baby striper, but did manage to jig up a 23. Most of the fish were caught trolling around super fluke jr's and the citation was caught live lining a spot. Also, Croaker are in full force down south. I could barely keep my line in the water without it getting slammed by croaker. Biggest one I caught was probably around 12-13inches.

Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Congratulations on the paper trout, great looking fish!

Comment

Good catching. That sounds like a fun day.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sweeeet!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good work man.

Meadeo
          2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Excellent fish Grilled. I was out on Saturday on the Eastern shore and caught fish, but no Trout....darn. I am still searching for my first keeper trout on my kayak. I plan to try again at the end of this month. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I trolled for 8 hours....report to follow....

Comment

Thanks Martin. I saw you rolling out of Wawa 4am on Saturday. All trout were caught on a 1/8 jig head with super fluke jr's. Smoking shad was the color of choice. I won't be able to fish this weekend but i'm planning on going back at the end of the month. I'll let you know.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thanks Grilled, I will be out of town this week, but will be available the following weekend which is the end of the month......I just need to catch a speck.

Comment

Nice work on the specks!

Originally posted by moc View Post
                  I just need to catch a speck.
                  I hear you MOC; I tried Friday and trolled for an hour and half until sunset with nothing but small stripers.
                  Shane
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                  X