BB Striper 6/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Striper 6/16

A few of use went out to the BB in the early morning and launched from Terrapin Park. Man is that a hike to get to the water from the parking lot. You better be in shape. In any case the weather held out and remain cloudy with a slight breeze. Jbrown, DaveFx and I got onto the water around 6:30am and head towards the bridge. I wanted to hit the rip and see if it was producing. From what I gathered no one was catching anything there in the morning. After trying this for a little we headed to the bridge pylons to give it a try. I managed to hook up on a few perches and then lost one of my favorite lures. Snagged on pylon. After attempting to jig some other baits and head back to the rip area for another try. This time I managed to hook an undersize striper and few small WP. I met redfish on the water and slap in the parking lot on my wary out. That's it for my report.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Just 1 small dink not worth measuring. Maybe 12"? Trolling the edge of the pilings and pipe with some deep diving Yozuri jerkbaits. Had 1 nice pull down that took drag but missed.

Chatted with some boaters too and nobody was having much luck.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Good seeing you guys out there! I scratched out 8 large perch (one was about 12" on a 4" sassy shad!), a 26.5" rock, and a 18.75" rock. Tough fishing today it seemed, I only saw one boat hookup with a rock on peeler crab.
      Used to fish more.

Comment

I feel better knowing the BB did no yield much. I was going through withdrawal not fishing this weekend. I have been reading so many articles on light tackle jigging the BB..I was there in spirit. Hey Dave, can't make up for the one you missed!! I used to think that saying was only for girls, but I guess it works for rockfish too...haha
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Saw about 4- 5 yaks out on the east side around the sewer pipes fishing. I guess that was you guys. I bottom fished early in the morning out in front of matapeake with cut bait and had a lot of hit and runs, but only one solid hook up. Ended up with 1 20.5" striper and about 5 or so croaker. Endless amounts of spot.

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
          I feel better knowing the BB did no yield much. I was going through withdrawal not fishing this weekend. I have been reading so many articles on light tackle jigging the BB..I was there in spirit. Hey Dave, can't make up for the one you missed!! I used to think that saying was only for girls, but I guess it works for rockfish too...haha
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Working...
          X