Beaverdam Creek Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaverdam Creek Reservoir

Spent a few hours out on this reservoir yesterday. Had a few bites along the grassy banks on the north end and managed to land a small bass (~12 inches). Looking to go back next weekend. Has anyone else had luck here?

where is this reservoir?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

A couple from Beaverdam June 2012.

I've fished there 3 times. That grass looks good but in my opinion for "summer patterns" you are better off over there turning your back to the grass and fishing out on the first break. Look for subtle drops around points with your fish finder if you have one. If you do not have a fish finder just fish primary points and get in the habit of counting your lure down to the bottom so when you contact bass you can fish around that depth.

Dark colored plastic worms and football jigs with a craw trailer.
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
        where is this reservoir?
        Over in Virginia, NW of Dulles Airport (mapquest "Waxpool, VA")

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing...play.asp?id=17
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That place is one tough cookie. I should of taken pics when the water level was down a few years ago.

Comment

Is the launch area near the church area open again?
            Ed
            Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Originally posted by Moschedmi View Post
              Is the launch area near the church area open again?
              I launched from the opposite side of the lake, but the launch at the church appeared to be open from what I could see.

Comment

Was there room to park where you were? The last time I was there it was pretty tight and you had to drag over or under a barricade fence. The down side to the church lot is that it is always crowded on the weekends.
                Ed
                Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

There is some room to park along the side of the gravel road. Still pretty tight tho. The fence is still there which is really a pain when hauling a kayak solo. I will probably try the church this weekend, hopefully there is parking

Comment

If you get there early 7 is you should not have a problem. The Loudan crew club maintains the dock and when they are in season it gets busy. I have had some luck there I like to fish the rock structure and later in the summer down towards the dam. In order to maintain position I layup on the grass to hold position and cast parallel and out toward open water. I have caught 15 -20 in lmb . i usually throw senkos. Good luck this weekend.
                    Ed
                    Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
                    X