Tridelphia on 15 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia on 15 June

My son and I decided to try out the local lake were it was calm for his first launch on the kayak. I took out the Hobie outback to Tridelphia to give him a ride a around and test out the kayak with two people on it. I took along two rods just for the hell of it. He sat in back on a foam pad but he preferred sitting on the back without anything. We were out there for about two hours strolling around and casting randomly not catching anything. He loved it. Now he wants to go back and this time catch fish instead of just cruising around and casting.
    Last edited by Goody; 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM.

Outback 2015
    Maui

You should be able to catch plenty of white perch and some crappies without much trouble. Search my Triadelphia reports for some tips.

Comment

I read through your reports and we'll give it a try using some of your suggestion. Thanks

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

I was out with a friend on Tridelphia and Rocky Gorge on Thursday. He knows those lakes like the back of his hand so for my first time fishing those bodies of water, I got a nice crash course. We fished Tridelphia for a short time, catching a 2 lb bass within about 15 minutes. We spent another couple hours searching for fish but didn't see them so we switch to Rocky Gorge about mid day. It was slow there too, but at 3PM everything just stated to heat up. We caught 7 fish from 3-6PM all in the 3-4 pound range. I'm glad we stuck it out and eventually found the bite.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I took my wife and youngest one out there yesterday 6/22. We were out for about 2 1/2 hours and my son caught 3 WP. Wooohooo. He was so excited. Thank for the advice Dan.

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Working...
          X