Trap Pond Report -- 21 and 22 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Pond Report -- 21 and 22 June

Strummerfan and I had a good outing to Trap Pond in Laurel, Delaware.

In two sessions for each of us (Friday evening and sunrise on Saturday morning) we combined for 18 LM bass and 10 bluegills.

Most of the bass were in the 12 inch rage like the one pictured and were caught tight to structure. A couple of the bass were larger. The bluegills were mostly hand-sized or larger and were fun on light tackle. They had deep orange bellies common in dark water pond fish.

All the bass hit top water baits, either size 4 fly rod poppers or a jitter bug on a spinning rod. The bluegills hit size 8 poppers and rubber spiders on a five weight rod.

The pond was slightly lower than normal due to a problem with the dam. But that didn’t hinder the fishing or the scenery. Trap is a classic bass pond with bald cypress trees growing in the water. The tree trunks and dead wood along the shore were holding bass and made excellent targets.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

I need to get down there.. So mad I couldn't get my shift covered
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

That was a good trip. I'm still amazed at how those fish just shut down on Saturday morning. It went from good topwater fishing to nothing at all with a quickness.

Comment

Great shots!

Yes, as soon as the sun came up Saturday the fish shut down.

But Friday evening was excellent.

Thanks for coming along.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice shots. That has been one my favorite ponds over the years. The dogleg to the left in the back of the pond goes back a long way and narrows....some big pickerel back there. How do you like the jackson cuda?

Comment

Originally posted by mytime View Post
            Nice shots. That has been one my favorite ponds over the years. The dogleg to the left in the back of the pond goes back a long way and narrows....some big pickerel back there. How do you like the jackson cuda?
            I went back there a little way Friday night, but it was really shallow. I love it! For a tank it moves quite well. I tried standing for the first time on Friday evening and it wasn't a problem at all. It will take a little getting used to, but I never felt as if it was going to toss me.

Comment

Working...
            X