Mariner Point Bass and surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariner Point Bass and surprise

Went out early Sunday morning from Mariner Point Park. I have adopted this as my home waters.

It's pretty close, it's a nice drive and it's a nice place to fish.

On my last trip, I hooked into something big and didnt get it to the boat. So this time, I went back to the same area. It's a nice cove with weedbed developing. I drift along (a controlled drift) and fan cast a rattle trap type lure, covering alot of area.
    BANG! Hooked up with a nice fish. A 17 inch LMB. nice fight! I swear tidal bass fight a lot harder then lake bass.

Anyway, I'm a happy camper, even decided to pull my phone out and take a pic. I then revived the fish and watched her swim away.
    Now here is where it gets a little crazy.

I grab my rod......the lure was in the water and it's snagged on the bottom......except then there is a surge and line is peeling off against the drag. Wow, another big fish, BIGGER!! A very long battle, pulling me an the yad around. I was sure I saw lines the first time a got a glimpse....a big rock???, on the second glimpse, I saw the big scales. It's a huge carp.

Long fight, lots of fun. Got him to the boat and had to pull out the forceps to unhook him. I would say every bit of 8 or 10 lbs.
    Decided that was a great morning and paddled on in.
    Attached Files
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Any day on the water is a good day, but catching your target species and then a surprise is what makes for lots of smiles later when you sit back and recall that time-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice, this is why we go fishing, you never really know what could be at the end of your line on a given day.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
      X