Caught my first Tailing Red fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught my first Tailing Red fish

I went to an undisclosed spot In St Mary's county Just before a storm was approaching from the west. The wind was picking up so I decided to head to a more sheltered spot to look for trout and red fish. The water was so calm back there that you could see every movement. There were several big splashes ...... and I mean big splashes possibly 5-7 pound fish. I threw in the area but I had the wrong presentations no hook ups. I looked at an area that had a point with water moving slower on the back side and that is when I saw two red fish tailing I threw in to the first target, the smaller of the two reds. I threw a Gulp Golby on a 3/8 white jig head jigged it slow along the bottom and hooked up. It was an 16.5 inch Red. I went after the other Red but missed a hard strike. It was almost like they were trying to stun the bait before attacking because there was so many bait pods back there, I think the big splashes were either rock fish or Trout stunning the bait fish. The storm forced me off the water. But I will be back soon after I figure out this spot I will give better info on the area. Sorry for no pics but the go-pro was not cooperating when I needed it too.

well done man!
    sigpic

Comment

sick looking forward to hearing more. Hoping to get my first md red this year.

Comment

Nice catch,

But my wife always tells me " no picture, no proof, it didn't happen".
        She likes to bust my balls sometimes.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
        X