Jonas Green 6/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 6/26

I met Mark at JG around 9:30 this morning for a couple hours of fishing. It was a beautiful morning with fairly solid fishing. I caught 7-8 Stripers, 1 Croaker, and who knows how many White Perch. The best Striper was right around 16-17" and a few WP between 10-12". Everything was caught on a 1/8th ounce beetlespin with a silver-blue mr twister.

You guys had a nice day for it.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Nice job. There is an incredible amount of bait in the river and creeks right now. The fishing should be good.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Nice job. There is an incredible amount of bait in the river and creeks right now. The fishing should be good.
        I paddled up around the bridge and saw huge shoals of bait fish w/ perch attacking from below.

Comment

It was my first time at Jonas Green. Great place to launch! Thanks for the invitation, Strummerfan.

I had 6 stripers but none as large as Strummerfan’s. I also caught a chunky 11 inch white perch that hit and fought so hard I thought it was a striper. And I got a good-sized croaker.

I used a blue and white ¼ oz. silver Rat L Trap or a 1/8 oz. chartreuse Blakemore Roadrunner spinner jig trailing a 4 inch white Mister Twister for all fish.

Most catches were close to pier pilings which was a challenge since I forgot my paddle! That will not happen again.

Mark
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great report! I think I might try my hand out there tomorrow morning. Never been to Jonas so hopefully I don't get lost =D. If anyone decides to come out, I'll be going out there with my buddy on a tandem hobie outfitter.

Comment

You won't get lost.

There are plenty of prominent landmarks (the Route 450 bridge and fishing pier are foremost) to guide you back to the launch site.

Road directions to the park are on this website:

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/lau...m#.Ucww6Zx8qZE

Good luck,

Mark
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                You won't get lost.

There are plenty of prominent landmarks (the Route 450 bridge and fishing pier are foremost) to guide you back to the launch site.

Road directions to the park are on this website:

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/lau...m#.Ucww6Zx8qZE

Good luck,

Mark
                Thanks Mark... I'll let you all know how I do.

Comment

Originally posted by sushiplease View Post
                  Thanks Mark... I'll let you all know how I do.

You can't possibly get lost. Immediately before the bridge(or after if you're coming from Annapolis) there's a light. Turn at the light(you can only turn one way) and then make an immediate right which will lead you to the parking lot. DO NOT USE THE PORTAPOTTIES! They are freaking nasty there are bathrooms in the building by the fishing pier.

Comment

Hey guys, it was nice chatting with you out there.Did you catch any more stripers off the beach there. Just as I was leaving I noticed a few pods of baitfish right up on the surface near the beach. Casted into one and hooked into a fiesty little rockfish. - John
                    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
                      Hey guys, it was nice chatting with you out there.Did you catch any more stripers off the beach there. Just as I was leaving I noticed a few pods of baitfish right up on the surface near the beach. Casted into one and hooked into a fiesty little rockfish. - John

I saw those baitfish, but didn't try. My father called so I was bobbing around out there talking on the phone.

Comment

jhoss,

Nice chatting with you, also.

I caught nothing at the beach area but I caught another small striper near the first pier after we chatted.

Most of the fish I caught were near structure facing the current.

Mark
                        Mark
                        Pasadena, MD

Comment

Working...
                        X