Mattawoman 6/16 - late report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 6/16 - late report

Father's day I got the free pass for the morning to hit the water. I was planning on launching down at PLO and than quickly realized that it was a 1.5hr drive and the wind gusts were supposed to be 10-15kts, so I decided to hit up Mattawoman Creek instead. I launched at the bridge at Rt. 225 around 0600 and proceeded to head down stream. The ebb was just enough I didn't have to portage but I did scrape on the fallen trees a few times. I was primarily using my fly rod with a deer hair popper and had pretty good luck with the LMB, I was really hoping for a SH on the fly, unfortunately that didn't happen. Here are some pics of the LMB I was able to bring in...

GoPro 002.jpgGoPro 003.jpgGoPro 009.jpg

Somehow I got some condensation on the lens so the last two pictures didn't show up as clearly as I had hoped. The water was like glass up until about 10am, it was really serene.
    GoPro 004.jpgGoPro 006.jpgGoPro 007.jpgGoPro 008.jpg

Once the topwater bite slowed down I headed over to the retaining wall by the rail trail and anchored up just outside the 8-10ft channel. I managed to pull three cats out in about an hour ranging from 15-24" and than headed back upstream. Unfortunately, my GoPro had died by this time so I wasn't able to take any pics. Overall, it was a productive day, definitely looking forward to going out again!
    Jeff B
    Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

I've been to Mattawoman twice, that's the flattest I have seen the water. The place is beautiful, it feels like being in another country
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
    X