Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 7-14 Report

First Report Post!

Got out to Jonas Green for the first time Sunday. Arrived around 8:15 in the morning with my wife with the hope to fish while my wife crabs. Lots of people out there early but there was plenty of parking. Headed over to the Navy side in attempts to crab off the kayak but failed miserably (seems like there was no crab in 10+ feet of water). Eventually my wife started getting sick and asked to get dropped off at the small beach on the Navy side so she could crab off the side. After dropping her off, I started to fish around V and Y bridge pillars and caught a few small perch, spots, and many 10"-11" croakers. Had 1 rod live lining while the other rod bottom fishing. Kept losing the bodys of my spot and perch while live lining so I'm guessing the blue are in. After snagging a couple times, I decided I would call it a day but my wife wanted to continue crabbing because she had caught over a dozen of 6+ inchers. Without knowing that the area is restricted, I told my wife that I would go back to the park, pack up and then drive to academy to pick her up. After packing up, I noticed a voice mail message on my phone with my wife telling me that I might have to unload and kayak back because there is no public access to area. There was no way I was going to drag the beast back out onto the water and peddle back so I went to the other side to look for a way in. After talking to the Entrance Police, he said that it was restricted area, but I remembered that I had my DoD/Army ID on me and he allowed me through thank goodness. Ended the day with about a dozen of crabs and no fishies (released all), but the crabs were so big that it made a fine meal for the wife and I.

Going to head out there again in a week or so to crab again because my wife is hooked.
    Last edited by sushiplease; 07-15-2013, 01:04 PM.

Ahhhhh.. the addiction of Kayak Crabbing

Well done, she should sign up for the CBKA Tournament in Sept. There is a kayak crabbing division with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places prizes.....That is perfect if you use traps and hand lines.

Comment

Working...
    X