Jonas Green 7/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 7/15

Mike, Raptor, and myself launched this morning from Jonas Green. After extensive research and use of NSA satellites(seems like everyone else was using them so why not for fishing) we were able to triangulate the fishing spot that JAVeil was catching stripers last week. Anyway we caught the beginning of the incoming tide and the fish finder showed mega schools of fish (not to be confused with sharknado) and the fight was on. We caught multiple schoolie stripers and went on for a little while then everything came to a stop. We continued fishing and moved around a bit, caught a few more fish, WP, and the Biggest Croaker I ever caught (Sorry no photo it was a fight just landing him in the kayak and he then slipped over the side). Was another good morning of fishing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by On the fly; 07-15-2013, 01:56 PM.

We indeed had a very nice day on the Severn. This time we found the stripers. The action was intense early in the morning. I got several in short order on a blue and white X Rap. Then I switched to a jig trailing a 4 inch Mister Twister grub because to be honest one hook was easier to remove than the two sets of treble hooks on the X Rap. I caught stripers on chartreuse and white Mister Twisters. One may have been keeper size but it went back with the others. The bite stopped as the sun rose higher.

We headed to shore and tried for white perch or whatever we could hook along the riprap. I got two small perch on my fly rod with intermediate line this time as opposed to the floating line I used last time. However, I was still casting a blue over white Clouser pattern that has worked well for me in the past. Pictures of On the Fly and Raptor in the shallow areas are attached.

Severn15 JulyA.jpgSevern15JulyB.jpg

Those of us in Anne Arundel County are very fortunate to have the access to the Severn that Jonas Green provides. It’s an excellent fishery.

Mark
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw you guys on my way over the bridge around 8:30. Did someone have a fully equipped dark green yak fishing north of the bridge? Anyway, glad you had a good day out there. BTW, try the 4" XRap in olive green.
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Not sure if I saw you guys, but I was out on my 17' green canoe. Hung out mostly around USNA and in the cove just north. How'd you like that sun and humidity. Lord, I never sweat so much basically standing still (how much do you really move when fishing?). It was insane. Anyway, the bite was a little slower than usual, and I've never caught so many small wp. I'd say I caught about 30 or 40, with only what I'd call 2 keepers.

Comment

Fil,

I saw you.

Yep, it was a hot one but a few fish on the line make the heat a lot more tolerable.

Mark
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice Report. On the fly it was nice meeting you this morning. I had a great day of crabbing this morning. It was slow and had to wirk hard for the crabs trotlining but I did manage a nice Bushel. Caught some nice WP around the docks as well.

Comment

Working...
            X