St inigoes launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St inigoes launch

Thursday afternoon ..... Grabed my ziplock baggy of pre-cut squid.... Drive to St Inigoes Boat ramp... Stare at decent velvet buck in field..... Put in around 6 and paddled to my honey hole. at first a whole lotta nothing. a few small croakers here and there, stretched out on the kayak, lightly holding pole, finger on the string, Relaxing.... when ... Wham! line shaves a layer of skin off finger and line starts stripping out. Holy Mackerel what did I catch!? Redfish. Just over the 18 inch mark.... that was my excitement of the day... catch some more croakers. a few just over 9 inces. The redfish really made my day...

On a less positive note... I forgot about the ziplock baggies of quid in the Blazer last night. Found them an hour ago. phew!
    Make me sweet again
    fragrant and fresh and wild
    and thankful for any small event
    ~Rumi~

Congrats on the keeper red. You should pick up some peelers for the next time you go out. You might be able to scare up a few more and maybe some specks. Fishing for them is addictive, though.

Ugh, I can't imagine leaving squid in the car on a day like today. That would make a maggot gag. I hate fishing with squid, anyway, because it stinks up everything it touches, even in the freezer. I never thought about cutting it up in advance, though. I must've gotten some Gulp juice on my vest or something because the inside of my truck reeked after sitting out in the sun all day.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I like squid but have had too may rays attracted to it
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

One of my favorite natural baits is a squid sandwich for flounder- long tapered cut of squid with a big live mud minnow slowly dragged across the sandy bottom is just the ticket for a flatty-

At St. Inigoes the grass beds are really thick so that might not be possible...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X