Bennetts Landing, Wye River 7/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennetts Landing, Wye River 7/21

Was looking for a change of scenery and hoping to find a Red but couldn't travel too far so I figured I would try the Wye river for the first time. Launched from Bennetts Landing around 0630 and fished till about 0800. Launching at high tide requires dropping your yak over a short breakwall and climbing in. At low tide there is a bit of sand that pops up that makes things easier. Fished around rip rap, marshy shorelines and piers with a bunch of small white perch landed but that was it. Interesting area with a deep channel and lots of bait around. Also a few boats running trot lines so theres got ot be a few crabs around. Wasn't finding what I was looking for though so picked up and went to the Narrows for the rest of the day.

Chimo

Great spot to troll in the fall. Around the middle of October, you can pick up 25"-30" rock all in the little creeks that branch off the river. Also good for nice sized perch. Towards the mouth, near shaw bay we have caught a few 50+ lb black drum while bottom fishing for rock in early June. That has been a few years ago now.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
    X