Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fish the PAX between Wootens Landing and Mount Calvert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fish the PAX between Wootens Landing and Mount Calvert?

New guy here, I live in southern AA county (greater Lothian area ) and am on the river at least 2 days a week.

Have seen quite a few kayaks and canoes on the water, most of them not fishing.

Lots of water to fish, still trying to nail down the bass, learning something new everytime out.

Wildlife is outstanding, many herons, eagles, kingfishers, osprey, ducks, turtles, beavers
    and the ocassional river otter (they are really cool). We thought we say a coyote on a
    sanbar the other evening, was a little too dark to be sure.

Thanks,
    Dave

I haven't fished there yet, but it is on my list as I am in AA county too. How have you fared?
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Pretty well for learning a new river.

Baitfishing is always good, panfish, white/yellow perch and all the cats you would ever want to catch.

Fishing lures for bass or pickerel is hit or miss. Fish seem to locate in small areas.

Heavily dependent upon the tide.

Learning more about the river everytime out, it is great being on that part of the PAX even
      without catching any fish. Large stretches of water with no sign of development.

Just wish the sediment load was a little less, water clarity at best is 1 to 2 feet.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X