No announcement yet.

Tuesday-Friday killer topwater report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday-Friday killer topwater report!

The topwater bite has been ridiculously good since june for me. And this past week has been no exception.

Most of our fishing had been from out boat casting at "top secret locations" and catching dozens of fish. Sadly we were our tuesday evening and the boat got stuck in reverse. Even if we pushed the throttle forward the boat would go in reverse. Soooo i am land locked till it is fixed, but thats ok because im catching bigger ones from shore.

starting wednesday morning until tonight i have fished morning and evening and slayed em both times.
    Me and my friends routine is get up at 4, ride our bikes and meet up at the spot at 4 30 am, stay till around 7 30 am( a few days they hit all day, even with the sun up, it was odd though).

Then in the evening meet up at 6 and fish till 9.

but heres the report

we have used walk the dog type lures with some success this week but we have been catching ALOT more on poppers, especially retrieved very fast. Some time we dont even pop it, just reel in fast and they will bust out of the water and hit it, when we reel it in really fast they almost always jump out of the water when they hit it.

ive also caught alot of 20-25 inch ones on a small 1.4 ounce bucktail that looks like a silverside , you can see it in one of the pics

my friend has been using a smaller sized chug bug and outfishing me like crazy, this thing reallly splashes like crazy, and the rockfish got bazerk. We caught this nice 32 inch one tonight on the small chug bug.

Good luck!

IMG_20130802_210836.jpgIMG_20130802_211432.jpgIMG_20130801_195414.jpgIMG_20130801_210744.jpgIMG_20130801_192718.jpgIMG_20130802_211942.jpg

That's great Andrew. I talked to a couple people who saw you fishing. They said your bike was rigged up like a charter boat. I thought that was really funny. Knowing you, I could only imagine how the bike is rigged. Keep up the good fishing.

Comment

+1

Comment

Dude!!!!

Do you know how painful it is to be outfished by a kid???
        Carpe Pisces

Comment

i posted pics of my bike in my lastest report

Comment

Working...
          X