Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Fishin'...No Skates !! Quick trip to OC.. hittin' my ol' honey hole....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Fishin'...No Skates !! Quick trip to OC.. hittin' my ol' honey hole....

Surf Fishin'...No Skates !! Quick trip to OC.. hittin' my ol' honey hole....
    Well I didn't surf fish this Spring.. otherwise I would have probably met my ol' nemesis, even with my Skate Whistles.

From all reports that I keep up with.. the Spring was good at the Indian River Inlet and the Bays. Along the coast
    also ok... We have our fellow member that went down last week and scored a big flounder... and some other crew that
    have had success "not" being locals with keeper flounders. I am stoked for you fellows... and the bounty that is there
    to have the abundance in the waters.

Back to the road trip to take care of beezznusss.... Lot's of rain Thursday... corn is probably hurting.. will be tough to get a tractor out in the fields to get it when it might be good.

Had a late start didn't get down to my North OC honey hole... well it's not really a honey hole... but it seems I do catch more fish than other people there... I guess it's a surfer thing carry over to respect to the ocean. That and fresh bait... sharp hooks, working the long cast and the short cast... moving my equipment closer or farther to what is happening. Up and down the beach if it's not crowded.

I was happy to see quite a few people fisin' . Especially the girls with their hubbies or boy friends in bikinis. Ain't nothin' better than a girl fishing in her bikini ! Didn't really see anybody catching anything. Bad tide... mid low going low at 11ish.
    I always have the best luck at the top of the high tide.

NO SKATES !!! Yippee !!! Caught 6 croaker/spot.. from 7:30 to 10... small hooks fishbites bloodworm and a fb clam stip.
    But they were all rather anemic... and the croaker and spot on the Chesapeake have been much fatter. Last croaker came in at 9:58.... satisfying for keeping my lines out before the guards called in my jurisdiction.

Well the sad point is that the sand dredgers are in full force in Fenwick... and that has always been a prediction of bad fishing for the rest of the season. While July and this early August is particularly a slow month for fishing... the water temps have been low... which would may be been a plus.

And a closer look to the beast....

Well at least on this trip I didn't have to rely on my fishing equipment stored at a friends house because last time "they" didn't make my 5am meet... even though I was later this time... I brought my own gear.

Beautiful day on the beach ! Saw a bunch of my ol' school buds.. you know the early a.m. dog walkers... people taking care of their property... the usual group of "locals"... the early morning people that love the beach.

As I hate the traffic... I came back early... two weeks ago I came back after the traffic accident on the Bay Bridge... and the Police were out measuring out things from the accident and the West bound traffic from the East bound as a mess...

Really I just don't understand how people drive... yesterday on the way back on 404... a car was going 50 t0 60... and weaving back and forth... finally at one of the double lane bypasses... I got by them... SUV and it was a couple (guy and girl)... pale white as if they hadn't seen the sun in an eon.. I couldn't figure it... if they had been at the beach for a week...
    Honestly... I thought I was going to see some total stoner or somebody drunk from the night before... well I guess if all they did was go to bars I guess that would explain their moon complexion...
    Or, on the other hand but I doubted it... they were fishing with face bandanna's and blue jeans and water shirts.
    What evvverrrr.... they sucked at driving.. honestly a Policeman should have pulled them over.

But before that mess... I stopped off at a roadside crab/clam/shrimp... etc guy that I had heard good reports from near
    Frankford, Delaware.

I liked his "guff" of character... picked up a couple of softshells for $2 a piece (live).. they were small but plump. But I have never cleaned a smaller softshell except peelers for fishin'. But they were plump and at $2 a piece made a nice fried soft shell sandwich when I got home. Don't know if it's till going on... but on Saturday's in Selbyville there is farmer's market and one of the people sell softshells... and they are big and fatty and about $5. I will be getting to them or Cambridge from where they are hence.

From the same roadside fellow... I did also pick up a baker's dozen of small/medium/large crabs... for $20 .
    And they turned out to be fat and sweet !!!!

I iced them down for the road trip... and below is the pickin's for $20 bucks... and this weeks tomato harvest and just a few of the monster cucumbers I've got from the garden. I got so many cucs... I been pickling them in the fridge... and they are sooooo.... gooood. ! I've got squash green and yellow... beans, various peppers too !
    And a nice pile of crab for $20 bucks !!!!

I'm going back to the Chesapeake...to you know... just add fish !

Cool report man!! Sorry the fishing didn't totally cooperate! I also like the way you give business to the local businesses...

I do think it's kind of selfish that you left out the bikini scenery...LOL!! But I guess that'll entice us to go out there on our own!

Comment

Working...
    X