Batting 1.000 on Pax Topwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batting 1.000 on Pax Topwater

Got out this morning in some not so favorable conditions to fish that 1-2 hour early morning topwater window. The High Pitch Badonkadonk managed to bring home two at 19" and 24.5". The last three times I've managed to get on the Patuxent, I've brought home a striper caught on topwater, batting 1.000 in my honey hole. Love it.

photo (6).jpg
    Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Good job, man. How far up are you in the Pax, or are you close to the mouth?

Comment

I hang around the middle of the river, around Broomes Island.

Comment

Nice, thats my favorite topwater plug too...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice fish...I think I will give the redfish and specks another hit in the morning
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but is there a decent place to launch near the middle of the Patuxent? The only places I know are Len's Marina or Nan's Cove.
            Ocean Kayak Trident 15
            StriperSniper
            Snakehead Charmer
            "I remembered being very careful never to rub my paddle against the gunwale for fear of disturbing the stillness of the cathedral." E.B. White

Comment

You could launch from Greenwell State Park or Jefferson Patterson Park if you wanted to get a little further south from Nan's.

Comment

I'll have to check those locations out. Nan's cove is only a few minutes short ride from where I live. I've never had any success in that area though. Maybe it was the time of year. Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.
                Ocean Kayak Trident 15
                StriperSniper
                Snakehead Charmer
                "I remembered being very careful never to rub my paddle against the gunwale for fear of disturbing the stillness of the cathedral." E.B. White

Comment

What color badonkadonk were you using? I am planning on getting the silver one but am debating between that and the blue. Maybe I should just get both.
                  Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

That day was a "pilchard shad" badonkadonk. I think if you can match the pitch to the conditions, you'll be fine with any color. I have quite a few now in different natural and quite unnatural colors.

Comment

Working...
                    X