Gunpowder 8/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunpowder 8/11

Another awesome morning out of Mariner point, and with some unexpected catches.

My 1st kayak striper, about a dozen bass, a catfish, and even a not quite legal yellow perch... All on the same 1/2oz spinnerbait!

I didn't the striper and as I was fumbling around looking for my fish ruler to make sure it was legal it shook out of my hand.

I've caught a catfish on a bucktail before, so it was very unexpected but not a total surprise. The perch on the other hand was a complete shock. I don't know what that fish was thinking trying to get a 1/2oz spinnerbait in its mouth. I was surprised the hook even fit in there somehow.

I launched around 6:30 and was surprised to see the fish didn't start breaking the surface until about 8am. As is always my luck, I have found that I never catch a fish that I can see. Not a single bite on topwater. Some of the fish were breaking the surface very oddly today too. Almost like dolphins coming up quietly and right back down without a splash.
    Mike

nice job....Your getting that area figured out pretty quick.

So what is this magical spinner bait your throwing?
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

1/2oz Booyah in chartreuse and white with 2 willow leaf spinners, 1 gold and 1 silver. I've had some success in the past with other brands of spinnerbaits but the Booyah hold up far better in my opinion. The wire has a great spring action that keeps it from bending too easily.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X