8/17 Janes Island S.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/17 Janes Island S.P.

Too tired to drive home so I slept in car @ gas station. Launched @6:30am to flat water. Paddled quickly to north side of the island. Heard a splash 150 yds up, paddled to it, then casted. Breaking fish suddenly appear, then wham! First rockfish of the day. I worked the northern islands & creeks while the winds picked up. I had a few breakoffs... Could've been reds or trout but they seemed like big fish. I surfed the building waves and only turned back when the whitecaps increased During the roughest water is when I caught most of my fish. I learned from my forum friends not to lean over too much and to secure your gesr in the rough stuff. On the way back in i drifted back, pausing to cast and reel. I also caught some croakers and spot, a few crabs, and a minnow. Yup, a 2" minnow slammed and hung onto a 4" nightcrawler. The croaker was fat but seemed short at 11". Arrived back @4pm.I ate a fried flounder filet and a fried seatrout filet @ Linton's in Crisfield. Fantastic it was w/ steamed corn on the cob. I love the tranquility of this place!
Working...
X