Susky 8/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky 8/18

Man what a great morning of fishing! The skies were overcast and the barometric pressure was low. Met a guy I met on FB and he said he showed me a few things. Got in at Lapidum and waded up stream a bit. Found what we thought was a channel. We saw several fish hitting the top so we decided to post up and pop it out. I was using a xrap popper white with yellow nose. First cast he caught a small stripper. Then he caught another. At this point, I'm kinda thinking dang am I gonna catch anything? Then BAM big surface break. Set the hook and brought her in. It put up a good fight and when I got it close enough I realized it was a keeper!!! I was stoked!! This is my first keeper stripper!! Stayed for another hour and caught one more smaller one and missed two. Can't wait to get back out there!

rockfish2.jpg rock fish.jpg

Nice! I went Friday Morning for a few hours and could not find any stripers. I was on the water for sunrise and did not see much surface water activity. I decided to throw a popper for the first hour with no hits. I trolled two rods with bucktail road runners, still no stripers.

Finally, I threw a shallow chartreuse crankbait and caught 2 tiny smallies and a handful of catfish. Did you paddle upstream from Lapidum and then wade? Or strictly waded from the launch?
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Just waded.

Comment

Working...
      X