Frustrating demo/rental day in Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating demo/rental day in Delaware

Drove to Delaware Paddlesports to try out the Jackson Big Tuna and really see if it was do-able for me as a solo boat. It was a frustrating day just getting on the water.

- Walmart in Rehoboth jerked me around with getting a license...didnt have the staff to do it (on break) that took almost an hour

- original place I wanted to fish (Silver Lake in Rehoboth) I couldnt find a decent place to launch or park, all private property

- drove to Milton, right next to the Dogfish brewery and launched at Diamond Pond....lots of Milfoil/Hydrilla...really difficult to fish. Windy day, kept getting blown around

- lost my rod, as I hit it with the paddle and it went overboard...me lunging to get it, almost had me turtle.

- caught two pickerel, one of which literally got airborne to destroy my pink slugo. (kinda neat) Otherwise was crap.

Boat was great, extremely stable, but pain to car-top (heavy & bulky). Loved the Hi/Low seating, loved the storage options, really think the center tank/livewell could be really great either for bait, or just as storage/cooler. Thing couldnt move into a decent headwind for anything; the one time the weight in the water really showed. Probably gonna look really hard at the new Big Rig when that comes out, and maybe the Cuda...think Jackson will be my brand though.

Rant over

So it was a realistic test run? I love my Cuda 14. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Comment

I have a Big Tuna & love it. It is bulky (that = stable to me). Last year at the HOW Jamboree I was fishing near the channel & two 30feet + cabin cruisers came by, ON PLANE, put out a huge wake, I just turned into them and rode them out...Im talking huge wakes...these boats passed within 20 feet of me. I wouldnt wanna car-top it myself...i have a pickup and shove it in the bed. I have two of the center/livewell inserts...one with holes for bait & a second intact for storage...i only carry the one i will be using that day...no live bait, take the insert w/o the holes. The hi/low seating & the seats themselves make for an ez day fishing. Good luck in your search for your yak. Wayne
      Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Sounds like you learned that with the Hi-Low Seating, you get blown around on windy days.

I've got a Coosa and will avoid using it on windy days.

Comment

Working...
        X