Bb 8.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 8.28

Fished the bridge out of Sandy Point last night from 1545 till about 1900. Wanted to get my "new to me" tarpon 120 out and put it through the paces. Picked up a dozen spot around the pylons about even with the end of the breakwall pretty quickly and then headed to deeper water. With the overcast conditions and light chop I had high hopes for the night but it didn't quite work out. The bite was steady to slow with the rock generally being smaller than the last time or two I had been out. Ended the night with 7 or 8 rock, 16 - 21ish inches all from livelining and one 8 inch blue from casting a bkd into some breakers. The tide never really got going while I was out there which I think was part of the problem.

As for the Tarpon, it met my expectations. I didn't have a GPS with me but I would guess that with moderate effort I was able to get it up around 4 mph. It tracked and glided well, handled the chop with ease and was easier to paddle one handed than my cuda 12 which was nice. Think I'll have to try and slime it up again friday night or saturday morning

Chimo

btw, nice to meet you Ben

Nice work Chimo, glad the new ride worked out. I'm trying to get out there this weekend so maybe we can coordinate some slimmage.
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice, the Tarpon is a nice ride
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice to meet you too I caught 6, 3 over 18" and 3 just under
        I went in to catch spots but lost my line so I decide to head in
        When you go out again just post it and maybe we can meet out there again

Comment

I am close to the area and have always wanted to know anyone else launch and fish the bridge. Please do let m eknow if you guys plan on doing it again soon. I woud like to join if you all don't mind.

Comment

When I'm going out again I'll let you know I feel safer
            If there are more people out there

Comment

Thanks Ben. My thoughts the same.

I am new to this site therefore, meeting new people to venture out is a benefit.

I have fished TPL for many years from a boat but I would like to give it a shot with a yak soon. Hoping to find people that would venture you there too.

Comment

Working...
              X