Tuckahoe State Park 8/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuckahoe State Park 8/31

I really liked this body of water. You can fish lilly pads, thick grasses, stumps and laydowns etc. Surprisingly enough when we arrived this morning there wasn't a soul to be seen. It was just the two of us for the first 3.5-4 hours on the lake. It's beautiful, peaceful, and pretty good fishing. It doesn't look that big, but if you paddle through some of the heavier cover you can find some spots that probably aren't fished very much if at all.

I met up with Platypus(Matt) at Tuckahoe this morning for a little LMB fishing. My final tally was 6 or 7 LM and one Pickeral. I did manage to lose two fish. One of which was an early morning bite on a jitterbug in open water. Once I set the hook it made a bee line for the thick grasses and I couldn't get him out. I'm pretty sure the other was a Pickeral as it hit in very shallow shady water and quickly removed the Jitterbug from the line.

Congrats guys.

Sounds like a place I need to fish.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Tuckahoe is a great little spot. I've only caught small LMB, but I've mainly focused on Crappie when I've been there. Beetlespins with white curly tail grubs has helped fill a cooler full of 10" plus crappies on a few occasions. They've mainly been in the fallen timber, just along the splatterdock lines towards the beaver dams area. Large bluegill/pumpkinseeds are easily found as well.

For those of you with non-kayak owning, fishing friends, Tuckahoe rents kayaks and canoes as well.
      Live every week like it's shark week.

Comment

Working...
      X