No announcement yet.

Red Massacre- Late Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should add that I've never had that good of a day in NC. Really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
      About two weeks ago, Kayakjoe made a nice discovery around the OC/Assateague area. He was kind enough to pass the word and for a week or so, a few of us had a blast catching tailing pups up to 25 inches. Our best day was approximately 40 pups between four of us. The fish were schooled up on flats in very shallow water. Everything and anything worked from a popping cork to a gulp, to a Skitterwalk topwater. When pups become schooled up like that they are extremely aggressive and competitive, so a rubber duck with a hook would have probably worked.

Unfortunately, they have since moved off the one particular flat and we/I have changed gears to other species for a bit, but they are likely still around the back bay areas. So if anyone is in the area get out and explore the flats, you might find the mother load.

Here are some of the pics of Hemmingway and myself one afternoon before Joe and Brian (Slobber Bob) joined us.

Nice Job! We met you a few weeks back, when Chris a I were fishing south of Crisfield, I had the Yellow Hobie Adventure. Fished that Assateague area (actually Sinepuxent Bay) Saturday.... caught one pup first thing in Morning then zip... but the morning was so nice, just being out there on the water was fun. How'd you do in the Tournament? I didn't even know about it, sounded like fun
      9-7-13 Sinepuxent Bay (14).jpg9-7-13 Sinepuxent Bay (20).jpg

Comment

Hey Carol. Awesome job on the red. I've heard they are stacked up at night in large schools on some of the flats around 90 right now. I am planning to go tomorrow or wednesday night possibly. I did OK in the tourney. I was pleased with my 77.5 inch "bag"; but it was only good enough for 5th. But if I was in the boat division, I think that might have been 3rd. I should have brought my outboard...haha. Ill get your # from Chris and give you a shout about reds this week.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Tangiers Sound or Sinepuxent Bay in the morning.... decisions...decisions

Comment

Working...
          X