Severn - Saturday and Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn - Saturday and Sunday

I went out both days. Saturday from Tucker St. Sunday from Jonas Green. Tucker St. launch wins hands down with me. Jonas' parking spaces seemed very tight - as if they didn't expect any pickup trucks there. I did want to check it out, so I have. Will be back to Tucker St in the future.

Saturday was fun. The winds were a bit higher than I thought they would be. It wasn't bad prior to the Naval Academy Bridge. Once past it, waves and a few large swells - which I have to say I enjoyed (like a small version of a roller coaster).

Sunday was pretty good early on. Waves got a bit heavier as did the winds past the above mentioned bridge. No big deal, just more exercise from paddling. Exercise is a good thing!

Caught a few stripers, perch, and a blue fell for my stinger hook trick. No biting off the ends of my plastics anymore.

I was contentedly fishing for perch with a beetle spinner, catching the usual number of them. I reel one in thinking that the pull was a bit different. It was - as it was a small 11" striper.

Pics below. Nothing terribly exciting, but fun nonetheless. It was a good weekend - as is any weekend out on the yak.

Last week's finger mishap did not keep me home. I just did my best to keep it dry and clean - as per doc's instructions.

DSCN0616.jpgDSCN0621.jpgDSCN0634.jpgDSCN0638.jpg
    Attached Files
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Laura,

Good job. I'm glad you paid back at least one Severn River blue for those that eat my plastic baits yet avoid my hooks.

Congrats also on the speedy return from your injury.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Try a White Red head gotcha plug... They work really nice on Blues...

Comment

Working...
      X