Mattawoman Creek 9/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman Creek 9/1

First fishing outing with my 11yr old in the Jackson Big Tuna was a success. We found loads of activity, including a big family of river otters, in a foot of weed-choked water towards the back of a lily pad field. Sight casting was the most productive. Calm winds allowed us to easily see water swirl movement and bubble trails. Watching my son's big catch travel ten feet while pushing water like a surfacing submarine was quite the rush. A round of high fives were exchanged after that one :-)

IMG_2658.jpg
    ========================
    Hobie Pro Angler 14
    Hobie Outback
    Hobie Mirage i11s
    Check out all my vids at www.yakvids.com
    Follow on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp...eAiuK2n9i5RFNg
    Follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yakvids/

Mattawomen has been really rough fishing past few weeks so glad some one cracked the code.

Anytime you can get out and get into fish with your kid is awesome. I can only imagine the rush you both had seeing that pig come to the surface.

awesome collection of photos there, life time of memories from one trip, cant ask for anything better!
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Wow nice ones!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice fish! I was out there on saturday, caught 1 nice bass just after launching.... Then I was skunked for 6 more hours while casting dollar bills.

Comment

I was out middle of the day Saturday. I got two surface strikes and missed them both and that was the extent of my action for the day. One was probably a Snakehead and I think the other was a Largemouth. Great catches and very post-worthy!
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Very nice! Looks like I was in the wrong spot. I launched from the 225 bridge and fished the upper section from 11-1800. A few small bass, 1 22inch snake head, and some missed blow ups was it. I did see a few bigger snakeheads and bass but couldn't get them to commit.

Chimo

Comment

What time did you get the Snakehead Chimo and what did you catch it on?
              2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
              Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
                What time did you get the Snakehead Chimo and what did you catch it on?
                About 1400 I think, midway through the incoming anyways on a hollow body frog.

Comment

Nice ones ! Your sons fish is a brute . What a great first trip with your son . Congrats to both of you !
                  John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

Working...
                  X