Bay Bridge 9.2.2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 9.2.2013

I got a late start and didn't get to Sandy Point until after 2pm. As I was putting the kayak in the water I ran into Ben who had just returned from live lining. He had a nice size striper on board.

I planned on live lining too but I forgot to bring my bait bucket so I put a scupper plug in my foot well and filled it with a bit of water. I caught two spot using fish bites and placed them in the foot well and headed out to pilling 16 on the east bound span and tossed one over. I immediately hooked into one right away. It ended up being my best for the day (pic below). I hooked the other spot on and lowered him down and he got bit in half. I only had a little bit of time to fish so I didn't try for more spot. I jigged and trolled soft plastics and picked up three more but they were all small.

It was nice meeting you Ben.

<MIKE>

<MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Nice fish! I still haven't got a keeper striper this year. Looks like I need to get out to BB!
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Very resourceful.I've been draggin a 5 gallon bait bucket the past two weekends. spot stay lively but I get lethargic. The keeper still eludes me.

Comment

I've been catching keeper stripers for the last month in the magothy casting bucktails worst day out I only caught 6 best day 17
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Metalman; 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X