Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belated 4th July and Friday Memorial Weekend Galesville Warf... nothing exciting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated 4th July and Friday Memorial Weekend Galesville Warf... nothing exciting....

Belated 4th July and Friday Memorial Weekend Galesville Warf... nothing exciting....

For the rest of the story.. please visit

http://www.mychesapeakebay.net/kayak...illewarf.shtml
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 11-18-2013, 10:21 AM.

Very nice reports! We all like to go out and catch keeper rock, slot reds, 12 plus inch fatso perch, and 20 inch blues every time out, but like you Rob I don't have to have a banner day fishing to have a great day on the water either.

If you like that river, there's another launch site that feeds into the West River on the north side (of the West River). It's off Rt. 214 and Carrs Wharf Rd. in the Mayo area. It may be a little closer to you if you're coming from Kensington. There's limited parking and no room for trailers, but it's free and if you get there very early on weekends you should get parking,

It seems that from the West River and south to @ Herring Bay there are far fewer deeper channels, oyster bars and drop-offs within easy paddling distance. Maybe some rock will be breaking and coming into the shallows near jettys and rip rap in the fall, but I haven't seen many fish bonanza type reports from that area. There's plenty of perch, spot and croaker though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
      Carrs Wharf Rd. in the Mayo area....
      Actually that was my initiation to the Bay and been there a handful of times.
      Went to Beverly-Triton yesterday (Saturday)... It was on my bucket list. Galesville Warf and
      Bev-Triton the concept was to explore the "wrecks" shown on the charts. And to just explore
      places I had never been.

I really enjoyed the beach at Bev-Triton... the walk through the tree covered road..
      an amazingly beautiful day.

It seems that from the West River and south to @ Herring Bay there are far fewer deeper channels, oyster bars and drop-offs within easy paddling distance....
      Thanks for your comments. With my "short" bucket list checked off I'll be back visiting the higher probability
      locations. And then starts the next bucket list to explore across the Bay and south.

Comment

Working...
      X