SPSP Friday 6am [A little rough]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP Friday 6am [A little rough]

I woke up at 4:30 to the wind blowing 20 knots I thought not a good way to start but the fish don't care so off I went. Hit the ramp about 5:45 and ran into sparky1423 and two of his buddy's on the way out I saw Shady and chexone. I do believe we were all live lining. These are a few pix of the rough water DSCN0129.jpg that is chexones head next to the piling DSCN0130.jpg I did still end up with 1 nice fat 30 incher DSCN0134.jpg
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Man, from your photos that WAS rough. I have a Wilderness System 120 (Pungo) sit inside. I'd be nervous going out in those seas without scuppers.

Congrats on your 30 incher! That's one of the larger rockfish, (if not the largest) caught on any of the reports I've seen this summer.

Comment

Yea it sure was a little bumpy, lol. Chex and I went out in that craziness in the dark. I kept thinking to myself, this is the definition of insane. Not the first time I've thought that on my kayak...
      Anyways nice to see you out on the water and congrats on the nice fish! I was just glad not to get skunked and picked up one dink and one at almost 22 (my best at the bridge this year).
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Wow! Most of the time when its rough on the water, pics don't really accurately show how bad it is. That first pic says it all though!

Congrats on the 30 incher!!!
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Way to tough it out there. Nice catch.

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

That was Abumasgouf and myself that you met at the launch with spark1423. I don't have much to report but what I can say is that was my first trip to the bay bridge and im thinking to myself is it always like this? lol im saying how do I even reach back and grab a spot to rig when I feel like im gonna turtle any moment? Congrats on the nice striper. I took a short video of the rough water but I think your pics do a lot more justice.
            2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

pretty fish. Hope I get to meet you, but it wont be on water like that LOL. Nice job.

Comment

Congratulations on the 30" fish. That is a great catch any time, but is even more impressive given the conditions.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice one Mike! Got my first skunk at the BB that morning...I'm just happy to come back alive, lol. Chexone was 10 feet away from me and tearing them up. Mike said it was Mojo, but I know it's more than that.
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice meeting you daddyg, and really nice Striper!

It was my first time at the BB and man was it trial by fire. It was really enjoyable though!

I took a brief video to show the conditions to anyone who hasn't gone out there before. I was told that these conditions are at the top end of the worst conditions you would go out in. Anymore and you should stay home they said.

The good news is I didn't get skunked on my first trip to the BB! I pulled in a 18.25"... small but keeper size

Chexone (and Mojo) also hooked me up with a another nice keeper, so I ended up going home with two fish! Thanks again Chex!

P9060085.jpgP9060083.jpg

So originally I wasn't planning on Masgoufing them, but I took my family over to my Mom's and well... Iraqi traditions die hard LOL!

-Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice to see you out there Mustafa and glad you got one. Yea, that was pretty much the worst I've been in at the BB. In the earliest part of the morning the tide was going against the wind, which really stacks up the waves. Even after the tide changed, they were still stacked up...
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I'd love to try the Bay Bridge. Not in those conditions though! Those are like 3' rollers!
                        Hurricane Skimmer 128
                        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                        X