9/7/13 spsp finally got it together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/7/13 spsp finally got it together

Left Fairfield,Pa at 3:35am. Got to Anglers at 5:15am. "Give me a half dozen spot". The last half dozen they had! (sorry to those behind me). spsp at 5:35 or so .
    Rig up and wait for enough light to launch. Head straight for the big water pilings. First couple pilings I dropped on, nothing in 4 or 5 passes. then I hit one with an imediate strike. 20" fish. I've died and gone to heaven. Two 17" fish one after another, and shortly thereafter a 18" fish for my limit. Home cleaning a couple fish, sipping on a frosty libation by 12:30. It dont get a whole lot better than that.(I guess my wife could have filleted the fish.Lol!) 170 miles round trip with some top notch fishing in between, home by 12:30, I'm a happy man. Thanks to everybody from snaggedline whom either I've met at the ramp or has responded to my desperate pleas for advice. You all made my day today!Thanks again.

Congrats again man!! Only a half dozen Spot on a day like today!!?? I'm sure there were some mad people coming behind ya! LOL

So since you caught and cleaned the fish, does that mean your wife will cook em?

Comment

Nice don't you love it when a day comes together. Especially with the long haul you have.
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I got to Angler's at 6:15am and got a dozen live spot, they must have gotten more in. I launched about 7am, went to about piling 17 and started working my way out, didn't get so much as a bite. The tide started moving out about 11, I was losing steam so I headed in with my skunk. On the way out of SPSP, there was a 1/2 mile backup of cars trying to get in for some festival at the park.
        Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by FishingGeek View Post
          I got to Angler's at 6:15am and got a dozen live spot, they must have gotten more in. I launched about 7am, went to about piling 17 and started working my way out, didn't get so much as a bite. The tide started moving out about 11, I was losing steam so I headed in with my skunk. On the way out of SPSP, there was a 1/2 mile backup of cars trying to get in for some festival at the park.
          I forgot about the festival I might try tomorrow morning..
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I totally applaud your gusto to make the trip. Way to go !
            With some luck... your best'ie will cut you some slack to do it again

Comment

My wife was tickled to death, amazing the difference in attitude with 2 fish vs. 0 fish. Once the first one was in the bag the pressure was off, the others where a bonus. as beautiful as it was this morning just being out there was a bonus. No, my wife will not be cooking the fish, She's a wonderful cook but I handle all fish.Grilled fish, beer battered fried fish, smoked bluefish. I love to clean,cook and eat fish!Thank you all again. I'm gonna be watching the weather and If the weekends are fit I'll be there, hope to meet you all on the water.

Comment

Congrats gillate! The long ride home is much better with two scaly passengers
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

thanks, and right on.

Comment

That's how I felt! I got skunked twice when I went there before I started to understand.
                    Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by gillplate View Post
                      Left Fairfield,Pa at 3:35am. Got to Anglers at 5:15am. "Give me a half dozen spot". The last half dozen they had! (sorry to those behind me). spsp at 5:35 or so .
                      Rig up and wait for enough light to launch. Head straight for the big water pilings. First couple pilings I dropped on, nothing in 4 or 5 passes. then I hit one with an imediate strike. 20" fish. I've died and gone to heaven. Two 17" fish one after another, and shortly thereafter a 18" fish for my limit. Home cleaning a couple fish, sipping on a frosty libation by 12:30. It dont get a whole lot better than that.(I guess my wife could have filleted the fish.Lol!) 170 miles round trip with some top notch fishing in between, home by 12:30, I'm a happy man. Thanks to everybody from snaggedline whom either I've met at the ramp or has responded to my desperate pleas for advice. You all made my day today!Thanks again.
                      hot damn! Nice work.
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Congrats on the catch.

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

couldn't have done it without yall! thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X