09-06 Mattawoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09-06 Mattawoman

I had an obligation free day and decided to fish from sunrise to sunset. I was hoping to catch Snakehead, but had no luck there. I had no success in the morning or daylight hours, but caught my two personal best bass in the evening when the tide was high. I also attached a pic of one of the small frogs native to the Mattawoman. He hitched a ride on my cooler for awhile!

2013-09-09T13-17-41_1.jpg

2013-09-09T13-17-41_2.jpg

2013-09-09T13-17-41_3.jpg

2013-09-09T13-17-41_5.jpg
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Nice looking largemouths! Congrats on the PB's! Way to stick it out.

I find that the upper end of Mattawoman can be a frustrating place to fish this late in the season. So much area over there has become completely weed choked. There are some windows during the outgoing tide and at high tide but anywhere around low tide if you can not find an edge pattern it can make for some tough fishing conditions.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Friday was a slow day for me as well, but in the Gunpowder area. Pulled in 1 striper too close to 18 for me to be comfortable keeping. Other than that one fish I didn't even feel another hit in the 5 hours I was out.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
        Nice looking largemouths! Congrats on the PB's! Way to stick it out.

I find that the upper end of Mattawoman can be a frustrating place to fish this late in the season. So much area over there has become completely weed choked. There are some windows during the outgoing tide and at high tide but anywhere around low tide if you can not find an edge pattern it can make for some tough fishing conditions.
        Thanks! That was exactly my experience Dave. I think I'll head right from Mattingly next time unless I am only fishing the high tide. It was nice to be out on the river though.

Comment

Twas tough fishing there thurs eve too.I landed a 26.25", 7lb snakehead but no bass...I met Capt C-Hawk...he got 2 bass, my other friend caught a smaller snakehead and 2 carp. I was fishing the incoming tide up to high tide.

Comment

What did your friend catch the carp on? I saw some huge carp while I was out there. I also saw my first bow fishing boat on the way back to the ramp. I ran into a bow fisher when I launched too. These guys clean up on the Snakehead!

Comment

@Nitefly: my friend was bowfishing the carp. Yesterday we got 4 sh in the thick stuff w/ rod&reel & from shore. True, the night bowfishers shoot a lot of sh.

Comment

Working...
              X