Goodhands Creek Landing 9/9/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodhands Creek Landing 9/9/13

Raptor and I headed to Kent Island this morning and launched from Goodhands Creek Landing. We fished a falling tide.

Being a paddling machine, Raptor lit out for Kent Narrows.

P1000094C.jpg

He went all the way to the Chester River.

I stayed closer to the launch and explored the many back bays and shallows nearby.

P1000088A.jpg P1000091B.jpg

The shorelines there are endless and certainly hold the promise of a good catches.

Unfortunately, neither of us had much luck in the morning. We each caught a few White Perch but even they were rare. Raptor also got a Croaker on a Rat L Trap. I got two schoolie Stripers on a curly tail jig spinner and a White Perch on a Clouser.

After I tired of the beautiful but stingy shoreline I headed to the breakwater wall near the Kent Narrows bridges.

I cast a 1/2 oz. Rat L Trap just to the left of this protruding rock into the fast water ripping under the Narrows bridges.

P1000099E.jpg

And I hooked this fish:

P1000095D.jpg

A good ending to another nice day on the water.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Great report, looks like the protected waters are showing promise for the cbka....the winds are picking up for friday and Saturday. Good chance many will be headed towards those areas
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Mark -

Nice job on the keeper striper. I have caught them at the breakwater trolling parallel to either side or jigging in the eddy that forms off the end. You found a third way to catch stripers there.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Glad you didn't over do the fishing while I was MIA.

Comment

Got one on the fly today, Harry, to uphold your honor. But it was tough. I laid out a lot of fly line in countless casts for that white perch. I left many fish waiting for you.

John, that's an excellent spot near the breakwater with structure and fast moving water. It's a text book location for good fish.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X