Mattawoman snakehead 9/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman snakehead 9/14

While going in to work this afternoon, I get a text that my Mom was rushed to the hospital from her nursing home. I get a co-worker to cover for me as I rush to the hospital. Just a minute before arriving @ the hospital I get a call from my buddy that he's going to launch his kayak in the thick lilly pads down @ the Mattawoman. I see my Mom all hooked up and stable but the nurses there are nasty...visiting hrs close in 5 mins. I've just been driving for 3 hrs and you are getting nasty w/me.....Well, to repeat a famous quote.....Excuuuuuuusssseeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!I see the rest of my fam and there's nothing more anyone can do so I kick out and decide to drive down to the swampy creek in Charles County. Just as I get there...I'm fishing from shore and my buddy is standing up in his sot kayak casting towards shore in the muck....BAM....but he misses it. I then get 2 small hits from lil snakeheads and then my friends gets a Wham Bam Thank-you M'am and I shout to keep the rodtip up and the line tight. He does so but he forgot his bat and pliers. I have my pliers and glass bottle....He gets to shore and I hoist up his snakehead out of the water w/his rod & knock it out w/my 32oz glass bottle. It's 2 ft long and 5-6lbs. He gives it to me to clean and cook. I then get one more nice big hit that gets off after a moment. The rest of the eve was slow til it got dark. I just wish Mom could walk out of the hospital so I could cook this snakehead for her....maybe I'll cook it for Dad and other fam members?

Sorry to here about your mom, I hope things work out for you and your family.

Comment

Working...
    X