Patapsco River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco River

After cancelling a Potomac trip due to heavy rain Saturday night my friend and I woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning and decided to throw in the yaks. We got a late start so we stayed close to home. It was actually our fist time launching out of South West Air Park. The water was very muddy but we noticed it was clear about 6 inches down. This bass was caught on a point with good current coming across. The rockfish was a nice suprise hitting the same crankbait as the bass. Caught the rock at 1 in the afternoon. Water was nice and chilly. Definitly heading back for a couple more trips since the strippers are coming way up into the river.
    Attached Files
    Randy Lemmons
    12' Ascend
    17' Center Console

Nice catch, but the rockfish looked like it had a bad sore on it....

Comment

Always catch quality fish in there
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Yeah it actually had sores on both sides. Seems to be common with Rockfish around here.
        Randy Lemmons
        12' Ascend
        17' Center Console

Comment

I went out on the patapsco this Saturday and launched from southwest air park. I caught about 15 spot, 2 small catfish, a super small rockfish about 8" a largemouth bass maybe 2# and a yellow perch. It was a great day. I shared this with you because this post motivated me to get out there. Thanks

Comment

Where is South West Air Park??
            ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Good Deal Mattybofmd! Yeah, and it's right in your backyard....can't beat that.
              Last edited by fishnfan; 09-30-2013, 11:50 AM.
              Randy Lemmons
              12' Ascend
              17' Center Console

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl330 View Post
                Do a Google map search for "South West Area Park, Baltimore". Zoom in and look for the boat ramp.

-Mike
                Mike
                Feelfree Lure 11.5
                Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl330 View Post
                  Sorry, it's the South West Area Park not Air Park. Some refer to it as the Baltimore Highlands Park also. It is in Linthicum on the other side of the Light Rail tracks. Check it out on google maps.
                  Randy Lemmons
                  12' Ascend
                  17' Center Console

Comment

The thing I like about this part of the Patapsco is you don't have to be out on the open Bay to catch Rockfish! Not to mention there is no boats to deal with.
                    Randy Lemmons
                    12' Ascend
                    17' Center Console

Comment

Actually, once in the park, you drive right past a model airplane "air park" on the way to the ramp. When fishing there I almost always stop to watch the radio controlled airplanes buzzing around. Looks like fun... but not as much fun as fishing.
                      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

The locals refer to it as southwest air park because it seems every weekend you will see RC planes in the sky

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had no idea about that spot. I'm sure I'll be hitting it soon
                          ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Working...
                          X