Fall Potomac Smallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Potomac Smallies

Oh, it's on. The Fall feed up is upon us. The Potomac below Point of Rocks is running quite low and very clear- as you can see in the pics. Had a great time catching these river smallies- The power in these guys is really amazing. Three of the fish were big and strong enough to take a good bit of line- I do trust my Albright knot attaching my fluoro leader to my 8lb braid, but I had to back off of the drag a bit and let them run just in case. The largest fish is just over 18in and I estimate to be 3.5 lbs. The others are a bit smaller but left my wrist tired. Not much action on any soft plastic...but when I put on a silver/blue Senko wacky style and just let it drift with an occassional tug, it was like fireworks!- Tons of fun!- Enjoy the pics...
    Attached Files

Nice work! I can't wait to get out there, hopefully next weekend. Thanks for the post,
    -Mike
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Nice Job! I was out Sat. on the Potomac and you're right it was very low. I had to get out of my Ride 115 a bunch of time and drag out of the rocks. I used a fluke and did the same thing. And I also used tubes and slowly work it.
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice smallies!!! I need to get down below POR. I rarely fish their, but its obvious I need to! My stretches up above Harpers Ferry have been less productive on the Potomac.

Comment

I'm impressed, nice sized fish too. Looks like the smbass action on the Potomac is now rivaling the action found on the Susky @ Harrisburg.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Nice day on the water there. Hope the conditions are good for this weekend. I'll be in Brunswick.
            Mike

Comment

Beautiful fish! I need to track down some smallies when I get a chance.

Comment

Working...
              X