Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
    So its like that!
    I didn't want to be in your lil stinky club noway!
    I'm taking my ball and going home!
    Lol
    GB
    I didn't think you'd be crazy enough to hit the cold water with us!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

by the way, the fish were really good! I fried mine last night. Next time, I will only try to keep them 11" or bigger, if I can help it. The small 9 inchers are a lot of work with all the bones...reminded me of eating a small crab lol...

I had one YP that was still breathing by the time I got all the way home. I put him in a bowl of water and he halfway began to swim. My stepsons thought that was amazing...hell SO DID I!!!! Next time (assuming I'm successful) I will probably try to hold on to the first 10 keepers, then creel them as I catch bigger ones.

Comment

Ok I'll let you all slide this time, especially since you don't catch much without me! Nice looking boats you and Jay have! Can't wait to hookup. I went to Tri-State with Surfdog and Moc yesterday but found better deals on clearance at Sports Authority in Bowie afterwards.

Holla.
        GB

Comment

Tri-state sucked. I picked up some topwater stuff and some tubes but left completely unfullfilled. I had stopped at BPS on the way home and found the same gotcha plug i got at the show for 2$ cheaper. I was livid. Getting ready to head up to the susky now guys great reports from everyone. Im gonna look real stupid if we get skunked....
          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
            by the way, the fish were really good! I fried mine last night. Next time, I will only try to keep them 11" or bigger, if I can help it. The small 9 inchers are a lot of work with all the bones...reminded me of eating a small crab lol...

I had one YP that was still breathing by the time I got all the way home. I put him in a bowl of water and he halfway began to swim. My stepsons thought that was amazing...hell SO DID I!!!! Next time (assuming I'm successful) I will probably try to hold on to the first 10 keepers, then creel them as I catch bigger ones.
            Mine were still alive too after a few hours in the cooler. I couldn't believe it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
              Ok I'll let you all slide this time, especially since you don't catch much without me! Nice looking boats you and Jay have! Can't wait to hookup. I went to Tri-State with Surfdog and Moc yesterday but found better deals on clearance at Sports Authority in Bowie afterwards.

Holla.
              GB
              Now who is the one skippin out!! LOL You know your the patriarch of the club! But we know your temp range too! Say about 50 - 87 is GB yak weather, outside of that range... "Catch you guys next time!" LOL!

MYT

Comment

Where did you guys load the cars...the airport? You shoulda strapped all three kayaks on the wings and flown on up.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

lol yeah, that was the rally point. The big plane pictured in the background could fly all of us with our yaks strapped to the airframe somewhere lol. Thats how they roll in Alaska.

Comment

I don't know, looks like you guys have a ways to go in keeping up with MYT. He has the motorized kayak dolly. He also catches big bass, when others are struggling to catch yellow perch. He does this in addition to having a pair of newborns at home. He's going to be tough to contend with. He seems to be living up to his screen name. Way to go MYT.

..but seriously, kayaks look good and sounds like fun.

Comment

Got out to that same area yesterday. Took a little while but finally figured out the perch fishing. Overall I think I ended up with 15.....give or take 1 or 2 fish I stopped counting after a while. Mdmaikmara stayed out till he caught his 20th perch......he refused to head in till he hit that #. But that area is a nice little fishery. Allot of fun. Saw two other kayak fisherman out there, for a total of 4 of us which is always neat. I caught the first perch after about 45 minutes of fishing and watching everyone catch fish before I got mine.....and about another 2-3 hours before I figured it out and caught almost all of the 15 total fish in the last hour or so.

Comment

Hey Metroman, filleting perch is the only way to go, no bones what so ever Also pretty neat to watch a perch go from frozen solid to flopping around in the sink Thanks for the reports everyone!

Comment

Got out to that same area yesterday. Took a little while but finally figured out the perch fishing. Overall I think I ended up with 15.....give or take 1 or 2 fish I stopped counting after a while. Mdmaikmara stayed out till he caught his 20th perch......he refused to head in till he hit that #. But that area is a nice little fishery. Allot of fun. Saw two other kayak fisherman out there, for a total of 4 of us which is always neat. I caught the first perch after about 45 minutes of fishing and watching everyone catch fish before I got mine.....and about another 2-3 hours before I figured it out and caught almost all of the 15 total fish in the last hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
                            Hey Metroman, filleting perch is the only way to go, no bones what so ever Also pretty neat to watch a perch go from frozen solid to flopping around in the sink Thanks for the reports everyone!
                            Man I filleted one and the fillets were so small. I just need to catch bigger fish lol!!

I wanna try this next time around...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTlFwQb7D0

Comment

Oh...this might work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzq_K...eature=related

Comment

Was that a half of a compliment from Dogfish!!!???? Look out its about to snow...lol

MYT

Comment

Working...
                                X