Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPSP. 10/5 beautiful day on the bay,but the fish did not want to play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP. 10/5 beautiful day on the bay,but the fish did not want to play.

Launched from Sandy Point early this morning with 8 of anglers finest spot. raced out to deep water pilings and commenced dropping bait. Hit many pilings today with zero rockfish bites. I had 2 tails amputated by blues and that was it! As far as conditions go It could hardly have been better. The fish just either where not there, or they just did not want to feed on my spot.One thing I did learn today was how much stronger the tidal current is out near the channel. I was a couple pilings short of the rock Island and the water blasting around the piling was downright turbulant and rough. thought sure I was gonna hook up there, but nope.
    There where a couple other snaggedline guys there. I hope you fellows had better success than me. It was a beautiful day though.

Nice meeting you gillplate,I made it to the other side of the midspan and turned around.I caught 2 dinks a 15" and a 17"on a storm shad ,I had another one hit a bucktail but shook his head and spit the hook.

Comment

It was nice meeting you too, and I'm glad you got to see a little action. I did throw a powerbait shad a few times, and drug it behind me from piling to piling but no hits. I think it was around 11:30 or so when the tide was really moving out, that I was out near the tented section (only on the south span)and I barely had time to drop my bait before I was out of the eddy and headed south. The current out there really Rolls! Hope to see you out there again!

Comment

Thanks for the report. I was hoping that it would be better, oh well.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          Thanks for the report. I was hoping that it would be better, oh well.
          empty goodybag!

Comment

Working...
          X