Rumbley Rock 10-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumbley Rock 10-30

I put off around 8:00 this morning, air temp was 45, water temp 56. Fished totally alone for four hours. It was cloudy, but the water clarity was awesome…close to 6 ft. Things started off with 3 schoolies 14-16". I was on the troll when I picked up a nice 25.75"er. It hit a 4" Purple/White fleck BA w/ yellow paddle (Slaming Chicken). High tide was at 11:15, and just about everything I caught was in the hour before. The first four I caught before 9:15. I caught a total of 13 rock, 5 of them were keepers. A much improved percentage from earlier this year. Most were caught casting a Red/Gold glow BA 4". One of the last keepers was a tough and acrobatic 22.5"er. The best was a 26.5"beauty. I had hoped for some other species of fish, but I think they have moved on. I released all the fish…still have plenty in the freezer to eat. Fun day, go get 'em!Rock 25.75.jpgRock 26.5.jpgRock 22.5.jpg

That was a fine day. Nice going.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Those are some pretty fish.

Comment

Working...
      X