better late than never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better late than never

So I've been slightly absent in the reports this year from oc and I appologize. Due to several curveballs this year with breaking my hip in may and having a little girl on the way due January a move and several job changes I haven't had much time to give yall any good local reports from this way but fishing this year in ocean city was better for me and probably the rest of the eastern shore crew ( hemmingway, slobber bob, ravensdfense and a few others that I can't remember their handles) sighting reds was like shooting fish in a barrel for several weeks from July till mid Sept now thyeve moved outfront and deeper on bait could still be a few lingering behind assateague down south or maybe even a few around the rt.90 flats or fenwick ditch. Had my first skunk at the rt.50 bridge for the first time in two years and was pretty bummed about it so I moved north to 90 and sighted some schoolies right on the first light and hooked up first cast thankfully got the skunk off quick! Sat for another twenty or so minutes and sighted a few more and hooked up but had more follows and short strikes than hokkups. Tog us picking up as most of you know its just a matter of waiting it out and getting a good spot which I've had success with neither so far thus year Hahah still some flounder around as well before they roll out for the winter guys on the charter boats had the best week of their year/past few years tthis week and week past I only see that many boats drifting in the summer between them and the tog guys clumped so close off of stinky beach and the south jetty its been slightly crowded as well as the guys on rt.50 crab is being dropped just about anywhere with structure if any of those spots are too crowded there's the dock with the half sunk ship at the end of the harbor and off of 5th street and 6th street in the west channel is productive most days when it'd not ripping through and the east side of the bridge east of the draw us sometimes empty as well as any org the docks on the left as you leave the harbor or by the coast guard station fleas are still in the surf on assategue so bait is easy and free if you want it!!
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Thanks for the report and looking forward to fishing out in OC. Congrats on the baby girl.. I have two and they are alot fun. Hopefully they don't grow up too fast :-)

Comment

Any of you guys that are ever thinking of fishing OC, better save that report! Good Stuff!! And, yes Joe, we did have some awesome fishing this year, let's keep it going

Comment

Thanks for the report, I enjoyed reading it
        Makes me feel like I'm back "home."

I've been listening to Bill's Sport Shop fishing report on WGMD almost everyday.

But I will fire up the ocean web cam, put some audio of waves crashing on the beach..
        maybe put some sea salt in a spray bottle and do a spritz
        in my hair with the fan on... and re-read your report to get the full effect...

Thanks.

Comment

You would have been pressed to find better red fishing in Lousiana, especially on a couple of those days. Lets hope the spring brings more of the same.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Throw us a period or two in that write-up every once in a while there, Joe!

Good stuff though and thanks for all the info and help as I navigated my first summer in the back bays and inlet of OC. The info was invaluable!
            Brian

Comment

Yeah tog will be better for us next time Gary! But yeah I know my fault with the periods I blame my phone!! Haha its almost big fish season again..... Time for some long drifts...

Comment

Thanks rob! I almost wish it was still late summer in a way, be nice to find some more reds clumped up, that's gor sure! Give a holler whenever you're down this way and we'll hit the water!

Comment

Working...
                X