Flats Report 11/2/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flats Report 11/2/2013

Fishing was much slower than 2 weeks ago on the flats. I went out with a buddy from work and we got a couple of 23" fish. The numerous 17" fish were not there today nor were the large schools of bait fish I'd seen over the past several weeks. It was a beautiful day in the water and my belly is full of rockfish so I can't complain. In years past I remember mid November really slowing down. I would expect the next two weeks to be good, just not based on what I saw today. Just another day of fish documenation :-) We'll see if others share the same outcome. Perhaps the fish have moved up into the river. I believe that's probably a pretty good bet.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

No different than for the Patapsco... here today, gone tomorrow... and for unknown reasons. It's all so frustrating, yet all so very addicting. CBIB is showing the clarity of the Flats continues to get clearer. Temps the past 2 days shows only a slight increase. So nothing out of the ordinary happened to conditions on the Flats that might prompt the stripers to change their behavior.

However, could be a river flow thing. I see as of 3:30pm today that Conowingo has not released any water for generation all day. This is the first day in a week that they didn't generate during the morning hours. Who knows for sure whats going on down below the waterline.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

The current was rather weak today, even flat at times. That's not typical so that's the only thing I could point to.
      I'll keep trying though. I cut up the fillets and fried them. Whew, they were delicious with some homemade tarter sauce.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Working...
      X