Plo m&g 11/09/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plo m&g 11/09/2013

I fished at PLO this morning and skipped lunch to make it back in time for a family event, but everyone's sleeping...so I have time to post a report =).

We all kind of trickled in throughout the morning and fished in slightly breezy conditions where the waves got kind of intimidating at times. It wasn't terrible though... It was COLD this morning too...I found some slushy ice in my hatch as I was rigging.

Kevinfry did a great job coordinating the event...he showed up on time, distributed flyers with directions to lunch, and gave us tips of where to try. As Kevinfry promised, Ictalarus also made an appearance, which was probably the most exciting thing from the whole day. haha. I think the one thing Kevin may have forgotten was sending out invitations to the fish.

I caught a 13" striper early on in the morning, and then proceeded to troll around for the next 5 hours with no fish . That's alright though, I enjoyed fishing at PLO, and enjoyed meeting the forum members - old and new.

Attached Files
    Sun Fishin'

This was one event I wanted to attend as PLookout has been on my bucket list.
    I really enjoyed your scenic pictures and they have me pining to have gotten out on the water
    today as the weather is really going to make a turn this week.

Thanks for the report and the pics .

Comment

I enjoyed meeting you, Sun, as I was getting started and you were finishing. That's an awesome sunrise pix and regatta pix @ the launch. Thx Kevin for hosting. Twas great meeting everyone...sorry I could not spend more time w/you all at Spinnaker's. As you can tell I made it to work a bit early and it's quite slow. Incredible beautiful day.... Maybe the fish heard we were coming down today & they went into hiding? I did get 1 hit using cut spot. I'm looking forward to fishing with you all again au futur. Tight lines!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who came!!! For those of you who left before lunch and I was not able say goodbye to....sorry! It looks like we had 23-24 fishing and 17 came for lunch. Awesome.
        I am sorry and SURPRISED that the fish were vacant or non- catchable. How things could change so much since Tuesday is amazing....but the real problem was...no bait. Absolutely none. This time of year, no bait usually means no fish.
        Great to see some old pals and see everyone having a good time. It was my pleasure to organize and I was happy Spinnakers opened 2 hours early just for us! Goody scored a great bucket of lures too!
        Sun...nice pic of the fish. It is likely the only one that will be posted! LOL
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nice sunrise picture, Sun!

Comment

Thanks for the pics Sun. I do have to say that the shots you posted were very picturesque, funny it didn't look the same to me because of the barrage of rogue waves over the bow of my boat as I was attempting to observe the hobies swiftly pedaling out of sight. (Lol) Just kidding. It was nice to meet all of you today, look forward to hooking up to fish with some of you!

Tony ( Big T )

Comment

Sorry I missed you Sun. It was nice meeting several new people! I caught one small Striper and missed one fish, but I smiled all day zipping around in my new Hobie Lunch was good and at a great venue. Thanks for organizing Kevinfry!
              2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
              Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

I had a great time despite catching no fish and hooking up with a crab pot who attempted to take my jig head, but I was able to get it back. It was great seeing some old faces and some new ones. I launched at 7:00am and the winds were calm. Later in the morning they kicked up a little causing some 1.5 foot chops, but then it died down again. After mid day the wind started to pick up again. I marked a few fish in 35 feet of water and one big pod of fish, but no mater what I used, they would not bite. I heard on my marine radio that the charter boats were having a slow morning also. Regardless, the weather was beautiful, the winds were low for the most part, and most importantly, the company of the fellow kayakers were great. That's to Kevin, he did a great job organizing this M&G. We had enough participation to have two bucket of lures awarded out. A large bucket and a smaller bucket.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by moc; 11-10-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

This was my second m&g. I couldn't meet everyone, but those that I did were very nice helpful. Tons of information and my list of kayak bobbles to be purchased got longer. This was my first real outing with outback. Very impressed. If I had been using my paddle tandem I wouldn't have met as many of you and called it quits when the swells picked up. Looking forward to the next!
                  image.jpg
                  image.jpg
                  Hobie Outback
                  Stand Up Paddle Board
                  Pelican 100

Comment

Good time and good people. BEAUTIFUL WEATHER for November. What more can you ask for? Thanks again Kevin. Great job coordinating the m+g! Great meeting and see you guys

To quote The Big Lebowski: "Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes, well, the bar eats you."

Trolled everything I had till my shoulders fell off. marked small fish on the main channel ledges and jigged crippled herrings, bkds, bucktails even gulp. Just not enough bait around the point to bring in the bigger stripers I guess

Comment

It was good seeing my old fishing buddies and meeting some new ones. I'm glad the fishing was good, but it was unfortunate the catching was bad. Lunch was delicious, though, and I got to eat some fish despite not catching any. Thanks to Kevin for putting together a nice M&G. Here are my pics from the day.

Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Sorry about no fish, but looks like you guys had fun nonetheless. Good turnout!
                        Mike S.
                        Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Thanks Kevin for setting it up. The weather was great but the fish didn't come out and play. Any hoots, I had fun seeing everyone and meeting new folks.

Outback 2015
                          Maui

Comment

Working...
                          X