Bush River, Harford County 11/9/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush River, Harford County 11/9/2013

I was really bummed when I found out their was no way to make the November Meet and Greet. PLO was on my bucket list, but family first. I was able to squeeze in a few hours in the afternoon...so I decided on the bush river. It's only fifteen minutes from the house, but I always trekked to other places with better results.

Today was a mission to find quality fish at the railroad bridge. Perch and catfish are a given on the bush, but the stripers are a challenge since structure in the river is sparse. Ended up catching 6 rockfish, ranging from 17-21". Water temperature was 50 degrees and depths varied from 8-15 FOW. Half the stripers were caught trolling a 3/4oz rattle trap hugging the bridge. The other half were jigging the bridge posts with an albino zoom super fluke. I paid close attention to current and placed my bait where the stripers were staging for their ambush (I think)....anyway, it worked and got a bit more confidence in my jigging technique.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sparky1423; 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Awesome Jeremy! Those are some healthy Masgouf worthy fish!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice Rock fish! Any perch still around?

Comment

I did not try, but another boat was live lining with them. They did catch perch there...under the bridge where it was shady. I did not see them catch any rockfish. Towards sunset, I chatted with another boater...he was catching stripers jigging a bucktail with a white 6" curly tail grub.

Originally posted by kayak tony View Post
        Nice Rock fish! Any perch still around?
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks Mustafa, I ended up filleting them out. I can't wipe that smile of my face though...such a dork.
          Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
          Awesome Jeremy! Those are some healthy Masgouf worthy fish!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice report and nice catches. The bridges are good this time of year.

Comment

nice catch, i also live around there but have never fished the bush river, good to know

Comment

Way to go... decent fish and you didn't have to go too far to get them.
                Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Nice catches, Jeremy! Congrats on finding the fish and improving your jigging technique. Sorry we missed you at the M&G...but it sounds like you had a better day of catching closer to home =).
                  Sun Fishin'

Comment

Excellent catch of keeper fish....

Comment

Nice going there. Those are some nice ones.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Nice fat fall Stripers!
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Just reviving an older tread...a friend of mine just landed a 30"in at the RR bridge this morning in a floating thingamajig with a motor (think it's called a boat?). I was not there, but got a nice picture of it via text...looks like the bridge is still producing.
                          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
                          X