Fort Armistead 11/9/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Armistead 11/9/2013

I launched out of Ft. Armistead around 8:45am, and eventually wandered into a small school of striper off the rocky point just north of Curtis Bay(north of the Alcoa plant). I went from no action for two hours, to both rods popping at the same time on my silver/blue rattletrap and a white swimming shad. I got action on both baits, but they seemed more interested in the shad. I caught six small ones (8-13 inches) in about 30 minutes and then they were gone.

I continued north up the shoreline with not even a nibble for another hour or so. So, I decided to pull up and fish some of the wood pylons and see if any white perch were still around. On my second cast something picked up my tiny chartreuse grub and my drag squealed on my little perch rig as the fish took off. I fought him for a while, but he spit out the hook before I could get a good idea on how big he was. So….I am going to assume that he was some sort of striper/whale shark hybrid…and it would have broken some kind of record /grin.
Working...
X