Susky Flats 11/15/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky Flats 11/15/2013

Fished the Susquehanna Flats this morning. Other than a few duck hunters on the water, it was a ghost town. Most of the grass has settled to the bottom, so trolling was very manageable. No luck with my new umbrella rig...so I went with what works best at the flats. Xraps and suspending jerkbaits. All colors worked today. Ended up catching 8 stripers....all between 14-16".

The DNR fishing reports are saying that has been the typical catch there, stating it is the 2011 class. I can't tell the difference unless the year is on their graduation cap. I did find some new structure, seems to be rock/debris piles in the middle of the flats. I marked the spots on my GPS, knowing these will produce for me another time. My wife met me with a smoking hot pepperoni pizza....we ate it on the water watching the blue herons. Twas a great day! (keepers would have made it better)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sparky1423; 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

The first pic of the sun behind the clouds is fabulous. Nice fish too!

A wife that brings Pepperoni pizza at the take out point? Priceless!

I'm envious.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Wow, that water looks so calm. Good job on getting out there this morning. Glad you got some action with the class of 2011.

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

You're squeezing it so hard you made it poop itself!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I was about to break out the plastic bed sheets!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
            You're squeezing it so hard you made it poop itself!
            Sparky did not squeeze so hard on the first and second fish, but that turd fish -- oh boy!
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

nice work still getting fish up there. I about froze my arse off watching ducks fly by
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                nice work still getting fish up there. I about froze my arse off watching ducks fly by
                I saw good number of duck hunting boats, one looked like is was wearing a hula skirt. Forgot to mention, I got to tow my first bass boat to shore! I was launching next to a glitterboy launching his bass boat (trailer had chrome rims). His helper forgot to grap the rope went to boat came off the trailer. It sailed across the marina to the pier on the far bulkhead. Trying not to laugh, but giggling on the inside, I offered to tow his second mortgage back to the ramp....Hobie (1) bass boat (0)!
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

LOL! I can only imagine the smile you had on your face as you were towing the boat!

Nice work with the flats. Flats are to Jeremy like Weems is to John V.
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                  X