Patapsco report 11/15/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco report 11/15/13

Ran into HJS at the ramp today. No wind. Beautiful weather. Water temps around 51. Trolled a lucky craft suspending jerk bait and a 1/4 ounce beetle spin. Only marked fish in 35 feet of water in a deep channel. Had a heavy fish hit the jerk bait, but it came off quickly. No other fish for me. It was nice meeting Howard and I saw him catch a few white perch. Beautiful day to be on the water.

Oh man, I was hoping to hit the patapsco tomorrow. It doesn't sound promising, eh?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

DanMarino - Good meeting you out there. Shortly after you headed in the current FINALLY started moving. I was poking around a side shipping channel near where we met when the FF showed I was over a fair-sized school of nice stripers, First drop of a red/chart trout bomb and it was fish on, a nice 24"er. Apparently, the rest of the stripers scattered like roaches. I found a few of them a time or two but couldn't get them to bite. So my finally tally for the day was 2 stripers - one big24" and one dink; and 2 wperch.

patapsco, 11-15-13.jpg
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Some days the FF lights up like a christmas tree along that channel. They aren't big marks and I haven't been able to catch them. I still wonder what they are....could be a school of trash drifting by or leaves :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X