Beverly Triton Beach Park 11/22/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton Beach Park 11/22/13

Nitefly (Eric) and myself fished the South River area launching out of Beverly Triton Beach Park. Eric used the launch a few times, this was a first for me. It's a great place to put-in...even with the sand, immediately in big water. Low winds and water temps were around 49 degrees.

Quality sure beat quantity for the day. Four fish were caught between the two of us despite the hours of trolling. All were keepers, my stripers were in the mid twenties and have been eating well for the inevitable winter months. All the action was close to launch, following the channel ledges. I only saw a few baitballs underneath me, but still was showing promising larger marks on the FF. We headed north, Eric went deep towards the lighthouse. I turned left and fished the early M&G waters I had luck with early in the year. Hoping the baitfish were still staging at the mouth of South River, but the FF was not proving so.

No fish caught on the go-to xraps and lucky craft plugs. I hooked up with a 3/4 oz chrome/chartreuse rattletrap and also on a 1oz road runner bucktail white/chartreuse and a 6" gotcha white grub trailer. Water depths between 9-18 Ft produced the results. It was a beautiful day and a pleasure meeting Nitefly!
    Attached Files
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Nice catch. That is one nice fatty.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Those are beautiful and plump fish. I like photo 5 -- you look like you just returned from some wilderness fishing. But you were just a few miles from the state capitol.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sweeeet !! That beats turkey for Thanksgiving any day !!

Comment

It was great to get out fishing with Sparky1423 and was another successful trip. I only accounted for one of the fish caught today, but it was a healthy 18"er. This is only my fourth keeper so I'm always thrilled to catch them. I caught this one and missed two strikes on a deep diving green and chartreuse crankbait. Heading out to the lighthouse was good excercise and always nice scenery, but Jeremy made the better call staying shallow. I hope to get back out here at least once more before the close of the season.
          image.jpg
          image.jpg
          image.jpg
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

That's a Fat Bass! Nice work guys!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Neat pictures, thanks.

Comment

I surf fished there a few years ago and was discouraged. Looks like you're proving it to be a good place. Nice fish! Thanks for the report.

Did you park outside along the road and hike in maybe 200-300 yds?
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

That's some high quality Masgouf worthy fish gents!

I'm with Rob-Kayak, "beats turkey for Thanksgiving any day!!"
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    I surf fished there a few years ago and was discouraged. Looks like you're proving it to be a good place. Nice fish! Thanks for the report.

Did you park outside along the road and hike in maybe 200-300 yds?
                    The park opens at 7AM. Once opened, you are allowed to drive down to the water in a smaller parking lot. Unload and rig the kayak, then drive back up to the top parking lot to park inside the fence. Just a bit of walking to get back down to the launch site. Being able to unload and rig at the water makes the launch fairly easy.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Those are some nice looking and healthy fish. Sweet!
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                      X