12/2/13 The Sewer Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/2/13 The Sewer Pipe

It was a nice day - a relatively warm afternoon, and dead calm on a slack going to flooding tide. Skidsteer and I went out from Terrapin Park. We had a wonderful paddle/peddle . . . totally uninterrupted by the need to reel in any of those pesky fish. Trolled and jigged the pipe, bridge piers, and channel - zilch. That's three skunks in a row - humbling. Note to self: Skidsteer's Propel was pretty sweet jigging at the piers with strong confused currents.

T.
    Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Saw one of you leaving the pipe while crossing the bridge. Yak looked to be heading toward the channel rockpile. With the flat calm and overcast conditions you looked like a lonely dark spot in a sea of gray. Sorry for the lack of fishies.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
      Saw one of you leaving the pipe while crossing the bridge. Yak looked to be heading toward the channel rockpile. With the flat calm and overcast conditions you looked like a lonely dark spot in a sea of gray. Sorry for the lack of fishies.
      Were you in a 18 wheeler? Definitely got a big (loud) "how ya doing" from one while we were fishing.
      Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Nope, just a pick-up. I wanted to fish Spa Creek yesterday, but had to shuttle my sister to OC. Maybe tomorrow if there's any interest.

Comment

Bummer. When it's cold, some fish gather in the deep holes around the rockpiles of the BB. I find some there even in February.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

"We had a wonderful paddle/peddle . . . totally uninterrupted by the need to reel in any of those pesky fish."

Nice turn of phrase. I like that!
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That dang sewer pipe is either HOT or NOT. June of this year it was very HOT with lots of mid-20"s and bigger coming over the rail. But other trips later in the year were a complete bust. When they are there they sure do show up on the FF in classic fashion.
              Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Did you guys try jigging around the rock piles at all? Once I get my cold weather gear and the fishfinder set up on the kayak I plan on giving them a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ES Fisherman View Post
                  Did you guys try jigging around the rock piles at all? Once I get my cold weather gear and the fishfinder set up on the kayak I plan on giving them a shot.
                  We did not get out to the rock piles. Sounds like we should have paddled over and given it a try.
                  Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Working...
                  X