Cost of Fishing on a Snow Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Fishing on a Snow Day

On Dec 10 (Tuesday) I had a rare day off. My wife didn't like my going fishing that day.
    I had purchased an Outback weeks ago, so I did want to try the Outback on a rare off day.
    I fished the Bay Bridge, MD. I saw a few fish 40' down in 60-80' of water. Other than that I didn't see fish on the fish finder. Air temp was 33-35F and water was 39-40F.

On the way home I hit an ice patch that was covered with fresh snow. My truck was totaled. Luckily I and the kayak were perfectly fine. I hope it doesn't snow on my off day. I don't think my wife will let me go fishing on a snow day any more

Fishing Log:

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Glad you made it out safely. Sorry to hear (and see) about your truck.

I always look forward to watching your videos. With or without fish, I enjoy watching them.

Keep safe in any future winter weather!
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Why'd you decide to change to Outback from Revo?
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Whoa Joe! I am happy to hear you are ok! That's too bad about that truck! I really liked that truck!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Good to hear you are ok. It must be fishing the bay bridge this week. I was out there for 8 hours... marked a few fish floating around in 40-50 feet of water at about 35 feet. No takers. I too lost my car on the way home today. My car broke down... probably for good. The tow truck driver says it might be a timing belt which will cost more than the cars worth to repair.
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Oh my! That sucks about the truck, but glad you and the kayak are ok.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear that, Joe. Sure glad you're OK.

BTW, nice new Hobie.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

MAN ......... Glad your ok ...Wow!!!!! ...... Oh and nice video

Comment

Glad you are OK Joe. Sorry about your truck. Your courage to fish in the dead of winter over the years has impressed me thoroughly. Look forward to your next video.

Comment

I enjoyed your vid...and am glad you & the kayak is ok. I'm sorry to hear about your truck, though. I drove over the BB on 12/11 & I looked @ the water wishing I could out in my kayak trying to catch some stripers.

Comment

Joe -

Sorry about your truck. I'm glad you were not hurt.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                        Whoa Joe! I am happy to hear you are ok! That's too bad about that truck! I really liked that truck!
                        Mike,
                        I am looking for a Tundra or Tacoma with extended cab with Auto Trans and 4X4. I was planning to buy DE surf-fishing licence next year. What I found for CHSP was that All I need is surf fishing license (licence plate). With the license plate, I can park any DE state park. My plan was driving into CHSP and park near the walls. No more kayak cart will be needed for launch

I am planning to drive a compact SUV to CBBT on Tuesday. I am working butt off right now. I hope I have enough time to figure out how to put the Outback on the roof of the SUV.

Joe
                        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                          Why'd you decide to change to Outback from Revo?
                          To chage wet suit while sitting on a kayak for spear fishing, and also for more space carrying diving gier stuff inside the center hatch. The second reason is for fishing bridge pilings. I noticed that (by watching Tufnik) Outback is better boat for turning, and it is stable. I don't think I can flip an Outback that easily.

I lied to my wife. I have no intention of getting rid of rid of Revo. I may take both Outback and Revo when I pickup a friend for long distance fishing to save time

Joe

Comment

Sorry to hear that story. Glad you are ok.

Comment

Joe - that's funny I did the same thing.. I had a starter Perception Angler and bought a Hobie Outback and told the wife I would sell the other one. Not gonna do it since the Perception is so easy to paddle and the outback is like a barge. Also great for friends to join in on the fun. Glad you are safe and hope to see you on the water soon. Love your videos and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Comment

Working...
                              X