No announcement yet.

Slow at Marshall Hall...but Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come you guys dont kill the blue cats you catch?

Comment

We keep and eat all our blue catfish....at least everytime I have gone. Guys fishing in more highly polluted areas might not. Does dnr want these fish killed regardless of how they are used? I've not read that ......but I may have missed it
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        We keep and eat all our blue catfish....at least everytime I have gone. Guys fishing in more highly polluted areas might not. Does dnr want these fish killed regardless of how they are used? I've not read that ......but I may have missed it
        http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/catfish/

DNR asks anglers to remove and kill any blue and flathead catfish they catch.
        Catch and release of these fish is discouraged, as they are invasive top predators and pose a serious long-term threat to our native species.
        In Maryland, it is illegal to transport live blue and flathead catfish into another body of water, anyone in violation of this can be fined up to $1,000.
        To report illegal transport or unauthorized introductions of invasive species please contact the Natural Resources Police at 800-635-8124.

Comment

Ill just eat them if that's ok with u
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
          X