it's 3, but I have the itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's 3, but I have the itch

Okay, I'm sitting in my kitchen and it's 3 degrees outside. BUT, the forcast is for pretty mild weather over the weekend and early next week.
    SO, I'm seriously considering getting out on Sunday or Monday. I'm thinking maybe out of Havre de Grace targeting yellow perch.
    I have 0 experience fishing for yellows or even fishing that area. Does anyone care to join up?? Maybe throw a tip or two my way?
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

As long as the winds are low, you'll be fine. Just layer up. Your feet will be the first to get cold. Heat pads can help.

Yellow Perch? If you search this forum, you're going to find a whole lot of posts about targeting them at Havre de Grace, as many of use do so every year. Basically a light top/bottom rig with tiny little lures, or minnows, and enough weight to go down 60+ feet in current (maybe 2-3oz). Drop it down, wait for the little bites and set the hook.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Dude ........ someone told me they are ice fishing on the Susky ....well the Northeast river ...... and they posted a couple of days ago that they saw it was frozen completely over from looking at it from the I95 bridge so you may want to check it out before you go.
      Last edited by Memory Maker; 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I will check things out before I commit to a trip. OR MAYBE, I'll see how far my kayak glides on ice and go ice fishing.
        I thought the water would still be open, since Loch Raven still had plenty of open water as of yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl330 View Post
          I will check things out before I commit to a trip. OR MAYBE, I'll see how far my kayak glides on ice and go ice fishing.
          I thought the water would still be open, since Loch Raven still had plenty of open water as of yesterday.
          Yesterday it was up to 40 + degrees. Last night it was 3 degrees with 30 mph sustained winds and gusts over 40. It's 8 degrees now in Baltimore. The thermometer at my house showed 0 when I left this morning. I wonder if it is open today. I'd be interested to know.

OOPS ........ someone posted that the Susky was open yesterday so I guess the first guy was wrong .......... good luck ...... tell us how you did
          Last edited by Memory Maker; 01-07-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

better bring an ax to chop some ice, i'm sure the ramps will be covered

Comment

I was up at NorthEast Community Park yesterday..... This is what I saw.

IMG_4789.jpg

Except for the docks, its all iced over.
              Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
              WS Ride 115 Mango
              WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Dam Polor Vortex!!!! It's going to be really nice on Monday - says the weather channel website.

Even on the google map satellite view, the area is iced in!!!
                May have to spend time with the wife.

Comment

Working...
                X